I see this question every now and then and have worked with people at my office getting this working. Unfortunately, there isn’t a straight forward way to do this… Trust me, it’s a process. As least with Office 2010, which is what this article is based on (YMMV).
Create iCalx Account
First off, you have to have a public iCal account somewhere. I’ve found that htps://icalx.com/ works pretty well and is free. To set up an account:
- Go to htps://icalx.com/
- Click on the the “Create” link on the right side of the page
- Enter requested information
- Login to your account (if you aren’t already logged in)
- Copy the “public” link from the bottom of the main section
Configure Outlook to Publish Calendar
Now that you have a place to put your calendar that is accessible, you will need to configure Outlook to save your calendar to that location. In Outlook 2010 (at least), you will need to do the following:
- Open Outlook
- Click on the “Calendar” menu item in the left menu
- Click on “Publish Online” under the “Share” header on the top menu
- Click on “Publish to WebDAV Server…” or “Change Publishing Options”
- Paste in the “Public” link from your new iCalX account into the Location Field in Outloook.
- Set other settings and click OK
- When prompted to “Send a Sharing Invitation”, click “No”
- If prompted for a user Id and password, enter your iCalX user and password (don’t forget to select Save so you won’t be prompted again later)
Configure Google Calendar
Ok, so should now have a copy of your calendar on https://icalx.com. You now need to add that calendar to Google Calendar.
- Go back to http://icalx.com
- Log in if needed
- In addition to the Public and Private link you saw before, you should now also see a calendar section of the table with links to a .ics and a .html version of your calendar
- Copy the link pointed to by the .ics link
- Go to https://calendar.google.com/
- On the left side of the page you should see “Add Calendar”, click on the three stacked dots to the right of “Add Calendar”
- Click on “From URL”
- Paste in the url you copied from icalx
- Click “Add Calendar”
Add calendar to your phone
Ok, almost there…. You now should be able to see your Outlook events on your Google calendar on the web. The last step is to enable syncing of your new linked calendar to your phone.
- Open the Google Calendar app on your phone
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top left
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on the new Google Calendar settings
- Make sure Sync is enabled
Google has a help article explaining the process to add a Google Calendar to your iPhone that I haven’t personally tried, but I trust the source. 🙂
And when everything has a chance to sync (it probably won’t be immediate), you should start seeing your Outlook events on your phone.
Hope this helps!